Last Sunday (April 29th) I did the Blue Hills Trail Race for the third time. I love this race! Very well run, small (250 max for the 2 distances (3 and 10 miles), and a great course with nice mix of ups and downs. Have been training since late February and felt better this year than ever. Probably been running 20-25 miles a week which is a good space for me (probably would like to bump up to 30 a week). Been doing a lot of runs on the Charles River, but also some training runs in the Blue Hills (both the actual course a few times, and hill work). Beautiful day for a race (high 40s and sunny by start). Felt much better than last year and definitely did the hills a lot better than in the past. Wasn't sure how I was doing until near the end, the goal was to break 1:25 for the 10 mile run (Last year did it in 1:27 approx. Did much better than expected, finishing in 1:20:33. Felt great. Did some good tapering week before. All in all the best race I've ever had by far. Here's to keeping it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment